Dr. Scholl's Skin Tag Remover

Have you tried a product and wanted share your thoughts? Want to try a product but want to know what others thought of it first? Give others insight into why you thought certain products were worth the money!

Postby mariposaman on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:01 am

I just saw an ad for this. Anyone use Dr. Scholl's Skin Tag Remover? I only have a few but would like to see them gone. My doctor says tie a thread around them, but they are in a place I cannot do this myself. I cannot imagine what is in the package.
mariposaman
Frugalite

Google Ads

Google Ads

Re: Dr. Scholl's Skin Tag Remover

Postby annmarie28 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:24 am

mariposaman wrote:I just saw an ad for this. Anyone use Dr. Scholl's Skin Tag Remover? I only have a few but would like to see them gone. My doctor says tie a thread around them, but they are in a place I cannot do this myself. I cannot imagine what is in the package.

I know sounds gross, but I have a ton of these - they always pop up near my eyes, on my eyelids, under my arms. Yuck. I was told I could get them surgically removed but they will come back time after time. Note it is NOT safe to put any chemicals near your eyes, so this is product I am sure does not recommend it for the ones I have. Instead I hold the skin around with my left finger, and take a tweezer and twist them every 2-3 days. Eventually the 'root' gets so fragile that I can just pull them off with the tweezer (be sure to hold the skin though as it can pull quite a bit). It bleeds for 2-3 minutes but then it is GONE BABY! I have a huge one, about the size of 1/2 a dime that was a mutant freak. Instead I streilized nail clippers and cut it off chunk by chunk and only now 4 years later is it growing back. Good luck!
annmarie28
Frugalite

Postby mariposaman on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:36 am

I have never had the courage to cut one off yet. I think a quick snip with a pair of scissors or nail clippers suitably sterilized would be effective but a previous doctor said not to do that as they bleed. I have tried the thread or dental floss tying them off to cut off the blood supply successfully a couple of times. I had a big one taken off at the doctor's office with freezing and cauterizing that was bothering me.

I have a bottle of Dr Scholls cryongenic wart freezer (not the chemical) and tried it on some keritosis and with perseverence it works to a point. It does not seem to be as effective as the stuff they use in the doctors office. I have had a couple of keritosis taken off my face at the doctors office and tried the Scholls freezing at home too that worked on my face. The freezing wart remover is not recommended for anything other than warts. If you leave it on too long it leaves a red mark.

I was thinking of trying the Scholls cryogenic wart freezer on the skin tags as I have read some people have tried it, using a 15 second application, but I am hesitant to try it.

A long time ago I went to another doctors office and they had a bottle of liquid nitrogen once a month, you paid 10$ and the nurse would zap all your keritoses as many times as necessary. Sometimes it would take two or three applications over as many months, but I got rid of a bunch that way and was clear for a long time.
mariposaman
Frugalite

Postby catnazi on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:48 pm

does it not hurt when you cut them off with clippers, or do they not have any feeling (dead skin?)
catnazi
Save-aholic

Postby sleepingbeauty on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:02 pm

My little shih tsu has about 10 of them...would be interested in this product...will keep my eyes open.

Connie
sleepingbeauty
Frugalite

Postby annmarie28 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:28 pm

catnazi wrote:does it not hurt when you cut them off with clippers, or do they not have any feeling (dead skin?)

It does hurt a teeny bit, kinda like tiny pinch, but nothing more than that.
annmarie28
Frugalite

Postby rdinning on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Once you have cut them off, I have found that two to three applications of wort remover over a similar number of days will stop them from ever growing back. It also stops all but the worst bleeding.

My problem is that most of mine are in positions making them impossible to safely cut off by myself. So this Dr. Scholl's, which claims not to need cutting and fixes them with one application, sounds good. Too good to be true actually.
rdinning

Postby mexy on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:28 pm

If you try quick fixes to remove skin tags, you run the risk of an infection. My doctor said one of her patients developed gangrene from the thread method. Why take a chance? Be safe!
mexy

Postby vanja2 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:29 am

Connie DO NOT use this product on your Shih Tzu. I run Shayker's Haven Small Dog Rescue and own 4 Shih Tzus. My older girl has about 10 of these and the vet said to leave them alone, UNLESS they are casing her pain or are rubbing on her collar. These have to be surgically removed as they are quite deep. You cannot freeze or burn them off. They are not skin tags or human warts.
vanja2
Super Saver

Postby sleepingbeauty on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:38 am

vanja2 wrote:Connie DO NOT use this product on your Shih Tzu. I run Shayker's Haven Small Dog Rescue and own 4 Shih Tzus. My older girl has about 10 of these and the vet said to leave them alone, UNLESS they are casing her pain or are rubbing on her collar. These have to be surgically removed as they are quite deep. You cannot freeze or burn them off. They are not skin tags or human warts.

Hmmm, I wonder if they are the same things. My boys' taggy thingy's drop off after a few months. They are exactly like my skin tags. I would be really surprised if there was anything below the skin. When you pull on them there is no connection below the top of the skin. They grow to about 1-2cm and then they grow hard and get rubbed off. The reason I would take them off is because occassionally they will cause him discomfort especially when the groomer razors them off by mistake.

I am not about to do it on the cyst type thingy's...those are different. They eventually burst and we hope for no infection. These are slightly painful to the touch for him but they seem fairly inconsequential.

Connie
sleepingbeauty
Frugalite

Postby CannedAm on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:25 am

My dad would put a bandaid on skintags and they'd fall off in the bandaid. I've never bothered as I don't have any that irritate me. He'd get them where his shirt collars would rub or the seem of a shirt would rub and they'd irritate the mess out of him. I don't know why the bandaid thing worked for him (and God knows how long he left one on there) but it did.
CannedAm
Frugalite

Postby crackercrumb on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:49 am

I have yet to use it, but am so anxious to. I've been looking for it all over & finally found it today - at Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, they were sold out. The woman I asked told me that she's had about 10 people in the last couple days come & ask her if they have it. Lots of skin tags need to be removed! If this product ends up working, they are going to make an even bigger fortune!

If anybody uses it, let us know. I'll do the same. When I can find one my friend & I are having a skin tag removing party. Anyone want to come? :smt006
crackercrumb
Super Saver

Postby snickerzmom on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:01 am

CannedAm wrote:My dad would put a bandaid on skintags and they'd fall off in the bandaid. I've never bothered as I don't have any that irritate me. He'd get them where his shirt collars would rub or the seem of a shirt would rub and they'd irritate the mess out of him. I don't know why the bandaid thing worked for him (and God knows how long he left one on there) but it did.

Actually, the bandaid solution has worked for me too. I think it stops the tag from being able to breath, so it just falls off. Works better on smaller tags. I put a little bit of ointment on as well as the bandaid and change the bandaid daily.
snickerzmom
Frugalite

Postby loo on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:27 pm

I never knew this was such a prevalent problem.
What the heck causes the darn things in the first place, do you suppose?
loo
Frugalite

Postby brenran99 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:22 am

I've almost severed one under my armpit several times. I never had problems with it, it doesn't bother me and its not very big. But years ago when I started using body wash and pouf, it would get stuck in my pouf. I'd have to wedge it under my arm, get out of the shower and cut the pouf off. I can tell you its painful and funny running thru the house, covered in soap looking for scissors :lol: I learned to keep scissors in the bathroom and soap that area by hand.

If this product works for anyone, I'd be happy to buy it only to get rid of that one skin tag!
brenran99
Frugalite

Next

Return to Product Reviews